To safeguard the private information of our staff, volunteers and learners.
We are committed to ensuring appropriate measures and safeguards are in place to protect specific information that is held for the purpose of the program. We adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to privacy. We do not rent, sell or trade mailing lists.
- The Executive Director is responsible for compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and all other privacy legislation.
- The Executive Director is responsible for implementing procedures and training all employees and volunteers.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible relationship and provide ongoing services and supports with stakeholders.
- To conduct screening procedures for learners, volunteers and staff.
- To maintain, manage and develop our programs and operations.
- To meet government requirements.
Consent is a requirement for accessing services. Learners have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
The collection of personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. Information is collected by fair and lawful means.
LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION
Personal information is not used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the written consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. To comply with funding regulations, learner files will be retained for three years before shredding.
We strive to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date.
Personal information shall be protected. Access to information will be on a “need to know” basis.
Upon request, an individual shall be given access to their personal information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information.
North Bay Literacy Council Inc. investigates all privacy complaints according to procedures set out in policy 07-02, Complaints and Concerns.